There are many ways to give to Scarritt Bennett Center: by donating time or in-kind contributions, or by making a financial gift now or as part of your legacy.
Labyrinth Stone Campaign
Scarritt Bennett Center’s seven-circuit labyrinth is a special place. Close to a hundred visitors weekly come to the labyrinth to take refuge, to meditate, to pray or to be still.
Also the site of marriage proposals, peace vigils and educational programs, the labyrinth is a vital component of the Center’s mission to extend radical hospitality to the surrounding community as well as its commitment to create a space where individuals and groups engage with each other to achieve a more just world.
You have a special opportunity to contribute in a unique way to the financial support of our mission: by purchasing an engraved commemorative brick or paving stone for the labyrinth.
Commemorative bricks are perfect for:
- Celebrating wedding ceremonies and anniversaries
- Honoring loved ones who have passed away
- Showing special support or commitment to the mission of the Center
- Purchasing as gifts for friends and family who support the mission of the Center
- Alumni/ae of Scarritt College, National College or Scarritt Bennett Center programs
To purchase a commemorative brick, please fill out the form below and return with payment to Lydia Keating, via email at email@example.com or via snail mail to 1008 19th Avenue South; Nashville, TN 37212.
Payment options include 1) checks made out to Scarritt Bennett Center 2) payment via credit card over the phone by calling Lydia Keating at (615)340-7450 or online via the “Buy Now” button below.
Commemorative Brick Order Form – click to download form, fill out and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give Your Time
Scarritt Bennett Center is in need of capable, enthusiastic volunteers. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, visit the “Volunteer” page.
Give Needed In-Kind Goods and Services
Scarritt Bennett Center is always in need of various goods and services including office supplies, tools, craft supplies, worship resources and new furniture.
Give Your Financial Support
To make a cash gift:
- Click on the donate button located throughout the web site.
- Call (615)340-7472 to make a credit card payment by phone.
- Send a check payable to Scarritt Bennett Center to: Scarritt Bennett Center, Office of Institutional Advancement, 1008 19th Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee 37212-2126.
To make a stock gift:
Call (615)340-7472 for more information.
To set up a monthly or quarterly bank transfer:
- Call (615)340-7472 for more information.
Make a Planned Gift or Bequest
Planned gifts are made as part of an individual’s financial planning or estate planning. Planned gifts often include cash, real estate, securities, life insurance and other assets.
For example, through planned giving, individuals might choose to:
- give a personal residence or farm but continue to live there through a retained life estate,
- avoid capital gains tax on the sale of a home or other real estate
- make a quick and easy gift of appreciate securities.
Bequests are the most common and most flexible means for planning legacy gifts.
After family members are taken care of, individuals often choose to:
- include a gift to the center in a will or living trust,
- designate a percentage of retirement plan assets to the center,
- or designate a portion of a life insurance policy to support the center after his/her lifetime.
Make a Matching Gift
Employee matching gifts (also known as matching funds) are grants an employer makes to match its employees charitable contributions. Usually associated with corporate grant makers, employee matching gifts often are dollar-for-dollar, but some companies will give double or even triple the original donation. Some companies may also give matching gifts for employees’ volunteer efforts.
Procedures vary with each company. Typically, individuals must submit forms to their employers. Sometimes gifts made by spouses and retirees qualify as well. Individuals can obtain more information about matching gifts benefits from their human resources department.
Please send Scarritt Bennett Center a copy of the matching gift paperwork, so that we can be on the look out for the funds and assist your employer in any way possible.
- Belle Bennett Circle ($25,000 or more)
- Dr. Nathan Scarritt Circle ($10,000 – $24,999)
- Arches Circle ($5,000 – $9,999)
- Magnolia Circle ($2,500 – $4,999)
- Labyrinth Circle ($1,000 – $2,499)
- Wightman Circle ($500 – $999)
- Scarritt Bennett Legacy Society – For all individuals who have notified Scarritt Bennett Center that we are designated as a beneficiary as part of their estate planning.
For more information or to discuss these giving opportunities in greater depth, please contact Keith Belton at email@example.com.